Tuesday 10 May 2016

Evaluation for Documentary

Restriction and Contraints
The difficult aspects within my human trafficking documentary was that it was a very strong topic which people don't really have  experience with which made it a struggle to find interviewing material to show the public story people have had with the particular topic. I solved this problem by increasing the amount of secondary material from relevant websites and sources so that it lengthen and increases the awareness and importance of the issues based on the subject with the area. Also there were problem the first part of the production process since the first drafted story board didn't really provide fact and information to the audience but only one dramatic story which would try to get the audience to feel sympathy, this wasn't the only aspect I wanted to provide towards the audience. The solution within the short time I had due to re-producing the draft for a documentary which suits the standards for my thought and idea of how to portray information towards the audience simple and easy to interpret.

Management
The method I used to manage the production process of this documentary project would first be to choose depending on the amount of time I had if I had time to organise people to voice over the information to make it clear for the audience to process all the information, in the end I chose to use subtitle and provide the information in a reading format due to the short time towards the deadline.I personally would improve due to making it harder for the audience to keep up with the documentary due to a more time consuming method of providing the information to the audience. Due to the word formatted information I had to apply transition which were placed in through iMovie in time with the information length of viewing so that the documentary would be more fluent and meaningful. To make the material for clips to be within the background of the information of the documentary I mostly used establishing shot which presented housing or public area to symbolise that anywhere could be associated with Human Trafficking. In my opinion I felt this aspect was the most successful conceptually. However, to improve it I would try to remove the border of the text so that we could see most of the clip, but if I did that I would be able to see the text within a black format and make it easier for the audience to process within the time given between the transitions and fade aways.





No comments:

Post a Comment